Friday, November 14, 2014

October Highlights (Part 3): Halloween 2015

This year's Halloween was great fun; I had work during the day at one of my high schools and afterwards went out around the city with some friends. At this particular school, students were allowed to dress up and given the chance most of them loved to do so. The students also got a kick out of the fact that I kind of dressed up too; I was a cowboy/western sheriff, which has essentially been my go-to costume for the past couple years. This kind of freedom is highly unusual in Japanese schools, so I really enjoyed it!


Scary mask but he was working diligently!
I let them enjoy their costumes as long as they were doing their work
They insisted we do a group photo after class :-)

Later after my work finished, I met up with some friends downtown to celebrate. We went out for some drinks and also go to see a lot of the sights and sounds of Halloween in Tokyo. In Roppongi, it was absolutely crazy; I don't even know how to describe it! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, but here are a few pictures from my phone of the evening there:


Halloween in Roppongi is pretty wild
Doesn't look like much here, but very creepy in person 
Cosplay is very popular here, Halloween is just another excuse to do it!